Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Review Mulch ado about murder by Edith Maxwell

Mulch Ado about Murder (Local Foods Mystery, #5)Mulch Ado about Murder by Edith Maxwell
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Cam is having a hard time on her farm with spring being so hot and dry. Her plants need rain badly in order to have enough produce for her shareholders. Along with these problems her parents have decided to come for a visit which complicates things. Cam`s friend is starting a hydroponics business and needed her help. While dropping off some seedlings she finds her friends body. Once again she becomes involved in a murder investigation. Only this time her mother may be a suspect.

I really enjoy this series and am loving the characters. It's great to read what familiar characters are up to. I connect the most with Cam love how she acknowledges her awkwardness and difficulties in social situations. I also like Sim and Lucinda.

There was enough action to keep me interested. I loved how Cam thought through the mystery finding clues and figuring out what to do next. She has learned to keep the police involved and ask for help when needed hoping that would keep her from getting into sticky situations.

It was good to see how she interacted with her family. I liked how she was trying to have a better relationship with her parents. Also her willingness to listen to her mother even when she kept shutting her out.

This was a great addition to the series. I definitely recommend this to mystery lovers.

ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment