Friday, September 1, 2017

First Position review

I haven't published on this blog in a long time. I'm going to try to get back into it. Here is one of my recent reviews of a book I really enjoyed. First PositionFirst Position by Melissa Brayden
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

4.5 stars

Anastasia is a dancer with the the New York City Ballet. She's very focused on furthering her career. Her social life is non existent due to always trying to improve her dancing. Anna starts feeling like an outsider when with her colleagues. Natalie is hired by the dance company and really shakes up Ana' s ordered life.

Natalie is a very talented dancer but not as dedicated to ballet as Ana is. She is more of a wild child and carefree loving modern styles of dance more than the traditional ones. These differing attitudes often causing clashes.

I have read a few books by Melissa Brayden and really connected with the characters. My fave book so far by her was Soho #2. First Position didn't disappoint I really loved Ana and Natalie. They were fun to learn more about. Also the secondary characters were interesting and made me want to know more about them. The banter between the characters especially when Ana started to loosen up often had me laughing.

I also found the information about dance and ballet interesting.

The story was a little predictable but did have a sort of twist that I didn't expect. Overall another great book from Melissa Brayden. I'm definitely looking forward to reading more by her.

Book provided by Bold Strokes Books via netgalley for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment