Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Review Future shock by Elizabeth Briggs

Future Shock (Future Shock, #1)Future Shock by Elizabeth Briggs
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Elena Martinez has to make plans quickly before she ages out of the foster care system. She applies for jobs but gets no offers and is feeling hopeless. Even though Elena has had a rough life she still has dreams and goals that she wants to work toward. After all of the setbacks on the job front an opportunity comes out of the blue and seems too good to be true. Elena feels it's her only choice though to be able to be independent.


I enjoyed the gritty feeling of the story. It made the story more real. All of the characters had so much going on and I enjoyed learning more about them. Elena and Chloe were definitely my favorites. Elena had to act so hard but felt lonely and needed someone she could count on. Chloe was more insecure but started to have more confidence in herself as the story progressed.

The book had lots of action that grabbed and held my attention. I was always wondering what was going to happen next. The time travel parts were interesting with no long drawn out explanations.

I really enjoyed this book and recommend it to anyone looking for an enjoyable exciting read.

I received this book from Netgalley for an honest review.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment