Sunday, September 10, 2017

Review Away with the fairies by Kerry Greenwood

Away With the Fairies (Phryne Fisher Mystery #11)Away With the Fairies by Kerry Greenwood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 stars

Phryne gets involved in the investigation of a murdered author. She starts working at the magazine the victim was employed to question the staff.

I quickly got bored with the main mystery and didn't care much about the characters. I did enjoy the secondary mystery of Lin Chang's whereabouts also the loved the familiar characters especially Dot and the doctor. Since I'm skipping around in the series I was surprised with a few of the additions to Phrynes life but definitely plan to read earlier books to find out more.

The information on the pirates felt well researched and made me want to learn more. I also enjoyed the descriptions of the adventuress club and the patrons. One of my favorite things about this series is the information and descriptions of Australia during this time. I really like reading about how Phryne deals with the problems woman had in society during this time.

Overall a good book with great characters but the main mystery could have been better.

I received this book from the publisher via Netgalley for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment