Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Review Charming the Vicar by Jenny Frame

Charming the VicarCharming the Vicar by Jenny Frame
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Finnian is a famous magician who's suffering the loss of a loved one and in need of a quiet place away from the big city. She ends up at Axedale trying to figure out what's next for her.

Bridget is a vicar in Axedale she tries to find a way to help Finn with her grief but the magician is very resistant.

Bridget was definitely one of my favorite secondary characters in book 1. I loved how she didn't hide being a lesbian and how hard she fought for LGBT rights for clergy. It was great learning more about Bridget and her past. We see more of her kinkier side but it seems so separate from her. I expected it to be more natural since she liked to joke about whips from time to time.

Finn was interesting to learn about especially why she was so anti religion. I enjoyed seeing her work through her grief by getting back into painting. It was also nice seeing her find the love of more simple magic again.

Overall I liked the book but didn't feel the chemistry between Finn and Bridget. I still love the characters and will continue on with the series. I'm eager to see what happens with Quade.

I received this book from Bold strokes books via netgalley for an honest review.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment